WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS.
Query letter guidelines are below.
We publish a variety of creative authors. Authors are invited to submit their writing to GenZ Publishing. Age does not matter; your message does. We like innovation.
We accept the following submission types:
- Fiction of all genres
- Short story collections
- Long essays
- Other forms will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
*While we do publish most genres, we are especially interested in forward-thinking books. This includes books about the future, global change, inspiration, and the youth of today.
**We are also looking to publish more young adult fiction written by young adults. YA is one of the most popular literary genres, proving how interested in literature young people are. If they are reading it, they are writing it. But almost all nationally recognized YA is written by adults. What if we gave young people a chance to write for young people?
Each work will be individually evaluated. From there, authors that we do decide to publish will be actively involved in the publishing process as we groom their product to be released.
To keep our books high-quality, GenZ publishes under 10% of those who query us.
To submit, please email your book query including your book synopsis and cover letter with important details about yourself and your book to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include QUERY in the subject line of your email.
Helpful inclusions in your query:
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- Working title
- Anticipated book length
- Genre(s): main genre, sub-genre(s)
- A summary of your book (Overview of your story’s arc - the beginning, middle, and end)
- The first two chapters of your manuscript
- How you would promote this book.
- Information about yourself (E.g. experience writing, your background and education, your creative endeavors, interesting facts about yourself, how you embody the innovative spirit of GenZ)
- Links to your social media, blog, and writing pages
- *If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
**We try to respond in a timely manner, both with requests for full manuscripts and declines. You will typically receive a decision response approximately 2-6 weeks after sending your query. If you do not hear back within that timeframe, you may check back in with us to make sure that it was received. ***All work submitted must be the author's own work.